This blog is going to walk you through on how I do my wash day routine. For this wash day, I will be using Mielle Organics (product review coming soon) for the most part. A description of all the products that I used will be at the end of this blog. So here are the steps:
- Hot Oil Treatment: For my hot oil treatment, I dampen my hair and apply the oil in sections. I twist my hair after I apply. I also keep the oil in a bowl of hot water to keep the oil as warm as possible throughout the process. For the hot oil treatment, I am going to be using my DIY Pumpkin Pie Hot Oil Treatment (details below).
- I let the hot oil treatment sit for an hour with a shower cap.
- I rinse the oil, unravel my twists and begin to shampoo. I also use my vibrating scalp massaging brush during this process and then I repeat.
- Next I begin to deep condition. I section my hair based off of how I plan on styling my hair. My go to style is usually a twist out, so I section my hair, twist each section and then apply a shower cap and let it sit for an hour.
- I usually rinse my deep conditioner out when I shower & I don’t unravel the twist at all during this process.
- Once I rinse all the DC out, I prepare to style. My hair is already sectioned and detangled so this process is usually pretty quick and easy for me. I just apply whatever product I plan on using for styling and retwist each section.
For more of a visual of what I do, here’s my Youtube video!
DIY Pumpkin Pie Hot Treatment – I received this in a subscription box. For more details on this oil visit my my blog on November’s CurlMix unboxing.
Alikay Natural Essential 17 Hair Growth Oil – I also received this oil from a subscriptions box. You can read my December’s CurlKit unboxing for that info. If you would like to purchase this oil, you can visit the Alikay Naturals website.
I WIlL be doing a product review on Mielle Organics. I like to use a product a 3-4 times before I give a review on it. I feel like you don’t know how well a product may work for you until you use it a few times.
Would you like to purchase the scalp massaging brush in video? You can get here fro Vanity Planet. They have a holiday sale going on right now, so it’s probably to best time to buy it, you can NEVER go wrong with a sale! Lol
Click here if you are interested in CurlKit & would like to receive 10% off of your first CurlKit.
Missed my last post? You can read it here.
Want to earn cash from shopping? Join Ibotta!! (I promise, it’s legit!)
Follow Me On Social Media
Blog IG: @natural.hair.lounge
Don’t forget to subscribe to my blog!!