I am back with another CurlMix unboxing! This month’s box was the “Apple Cinnamon Edge Control”. I loved this box. Never thought I’d actually be making my own edge control one day lol.
Here’s what was included in this month’s box:
- Flax Seeds
- Flax seed gel is good for making the hair soft, shiny and moisturized; promotes hair growth; rich in omega 3; gives a good hold with no crunch, no flakes and it isn’t drying to the hair; mixes well with many products.
- Xanthan Gum
- Xanthum gum is a sugar that stabilizes cosmetics and prevents them from separating.
- Raw Honey & Apple Cinnamon Fragrance
- Raw honey is a humectant that helps your hair retain moisture, it is also a emollient that helps soften your hair and keep it smooth.
- Apple Cinnamon fragrance is there for the amazing scent that it has lol.
- Castor Oil
- Castor oil is good for, as we all know, HAIR GROWTH! (lol) It is also an emollient and humectant. It helps with hair thinning and hair loss. Helps prevent a dry and itchy scalp and it also has anti-fungal properties.
- Glycerin is good for moisturizing the hair. It is also a humectant.
- Wooden spatula
- A Jar for the mixture
So as always, they include an insert with the directions on how to make this mix and a little story on the back.
To see how I mixed this CurlMix and how I applied it to my hair, watch the video below!
Overall I loved this CurlMix. It definitely has an amazing hold & it held down my edges all day without even having to apply a scarf after applying the edge control. Personally, I never have a huge issue with sleeking my hair down, but for the naturals out there who are looking for an edge control that has an AMAZING hold, I really believe this would be the perfect solution for you!
If you would like to purchase your own CurlMix, visit the CurlMix website for more info on how to subscribe!
A few blogs to check out, in case you missed them:
Click here if you are interested in CurlKit & would like to receive 10% off of your first CurlKit.
Interested in shopping rebates? Join my team on Ibotta!! (I promise, it’s legit!)
Follow Me On Social Media!
A peak into my life outside of hair, follow my personal IG page: @_monique.xo
Join my Google+ Community.
Don’t Forget To SUBSCRIBE so you can know when I post something new! =)
Thanks for reading!
Urban Bush Babes (flax seed benefits)
Naturally Curly (Honey benefits)
Curly Nikki (castor oil benefits)
Curly Nikki (glycerin benefits)