So, I decided that I wanted to create a new series on my blog giving natural hair tips. They’re going to be short posts, short and straight to the point. I figured, i’d share things that has helped me throughout my natural hair journey. Some of these things may be tips that you already knew and some may be things that you don’t already know. But if there are any transitioners or beginner naturals out there who were just as clueless as me when I started my journey, I hope this series truly helps!
So, Tip #1 is going to be WIDE TOOTH COMBS.
So here’s something you may or may not already know.
When I first went natural I had no idea how important wide tooth combs were. It’s typical to try to use tools on your natural hair that you used for your hair when it was relaxed.
Here’s the one that I use on the daily:
I got this comb in a CurlKit over a year ago and i’ve been using it every since. I’ve tried other wide tooth combs, this one just so happened to stick with me the longest because I like it so much. It can be a little weird using wide tooth combs at first if you’ve never used them, but it can be pretty easy to get used to.
Reasons to use wide tooth combs:
- A lot easier on the hair making it easy to detangle
- Removes shaded hair easily
- Less damage to hair because the teeth are spaced out
- Avoids constant split/damaged ends which also prevents you from having to trim more often than you need to
If you don’t have a wide tooth comb in your stash, i’d suggest that you get one! You’ll thank yourself later down the road, trust me!
A few blogs to check out, in case you missed them:
- January 2017 | Monthly Wrap Up
- Birthday Splurge | First Product Haul
- January CurlMix
- January We Are Onyx Box
- Faux Bun
- 10% Off Your First CurlKit
- Interested in shopping rebates? Join my team on Ibotta!! (I promise, it’s legit!)
FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE SO YOU CAN KNOW WHEN I POST SOMETHING NEW! =)