I wanted to share with you a recent recipe that i’ve tried and it turned out really good. For the past few weeks I have changed my diet to be Paleo and i’m loving it. Of course I wanted something sweet, but had no idea what to buy or make. So I came across this recipe and decided to share it. As you probably noticed from the title, this recipe is also vegan friendly and it is a very healthy recipe. So let’s get to it.
Prep Time: 15 mins/Bake Time: 45 mins
Ingredients (also pictured above):
- 4 ripe bananas
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup cashew nut butter (you can use any kind of nut butter you want, I plan on trying almond butter next time. Peanut butter isn’t paleo friendly, but if you’re not paleo us what you like lol)
- 2/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup dairy-free, sugar-free chocolate chips (I couldn’t find sugar-free, so I used semi-sweet, dairy free chocolate chips. You can use what you’d like)
- Preheat the over o 350°F. Grease a loaf pan and line it with wax/parchment paper.
- Combine the bananas, eggs, oil and nut butter in a food processor.
- Add the coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla and cinnamon to the mix and blend them together.
- Stir in the chocolate chips. (didn’t take a picture of this step)
- Spoon the batter into the lined loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes until it is golden and cook through.
- Cool in the pan for 15 minutes before taking out of the pan. Slice and enjoy! (my husband snuck a slice before I could get a picture of the untouched product lol)
This bread is protein packed and high in fiber. Contains:
- 371 Calories (per slice)
- 9.1 g of Protein
- 28 g of Fat (16.2 g are from Saturated Fats)
- 20.2 g Carbohydrates (11 g are from Sugars)
- Vitamin B
- Vitamin K
And that’s it! If you try this recipe I hope you enjoy it as much as we did! And if you do, let me know what you thought in the comments!
YouTube: Naturallyy Tiffanyy