Happy New Year!
I’m bringing you the final CurlMix of 2017 and that is a lovely deep conditioner. I will also be able to give you a little review of this DIY as well since I have used it! So let’s get started!
- Shea Butter
- Sweet Almond Oil & Vanilla Fragrance
- Emulsifying Wax & Beeswax
- Rhassoul Clay
This DIY was pretty easy to mix. Took me about an hour or so to complete.
- Warm 8 ounces of water on low heat and add in the Behentrimonium and let it dissolve. Once it has dissolved, remove from heat.
- In a jar, melt Shea Butter, Sweet Almond Oil & Emulsifying Wax/Beeswax. Do this by creating a double boiler and once oils have liquified, set aside.
- Pour Behentrimonium mix into a bowl. Add rhassoul clay to the mixture and stir with a whisk. Ensure to get rid of any lumps.
- Add oil mixture and stir until combined and then add the glycerin and whisk well. At this point you will notice the mixture will start to become thick. So it’s best to try to put the mixture in the applicator bottle or container as quickly as possible.
- Cool in the refrigerator for 2 hours. Without a preservative this mix should last 1 month.
Now, this was my first time using Rhassoul clay for my hair. I have always tried bentonite clay, but never rhassoul. When I went to apply this to my hair, my hair instantly felt soft. I was pretty surprised at how easily it spreader throughout my hair. I let it sit for about 30-35 minutes under my thermal hot head cap. When I went to rinse it out, my hair felt so soft and my curls were really defined. I was really impressed by this mixture. Deep conditioning is one of my favorite parts of wash day. So this instantly made my wash day lol.
Have you ever used Rhassoul clay in your hair regimen? What was your experience? Let me know in the comments!
If you’d like to purchase a CurlMix for your own, just go to the CurlMix website. The sign up is really easy, & suggest this to anyone who is into DIY or want to make their own products or even if you are trying to take the all natural route. & If you are an ingredient person, then this would definitely be perfect for you because you know EXACTLY what you are putting in your hair!
- 10% off your Teami Blends purchase, use code TIFFANYS10
- Interested in shopping rebates? Join my team on Ibotta!! (I promise, it’s legit!)
- Check out my Depop shop! I’ll be selling brand new clothes (they’ll have tags on them), hair products (both used and brand new) and make-up (always brand new)! Download the app! =)